Tuesday, March 17, 2009

The Forgotten Temple





I am standing on the ruins of a forgotten temple


The temple has no goddesses


Only layers of time errected


Like invisible inscriptions


The script, yet to be deciphered


The air around flowing as if trying yet again


To unfold the undeciphered letters of time


All around me


Are spreaded


Wonders of time


Stories of unknown people


Who on the brink of being Known again remained unknown


A turn of oblivian towards the annals of closed chapters


As if these forgotten ruins are waiting anxiously


For a Nemesis of time


And as I stood stranded on the


Rocky ground of this broken temple


I found


That within


The fragments


Of historical ruins


Different fragments of me


Getting mixed..as if lost


A beautiful surrender of melancholy moods


I kept standing


Only like the extinct root of the forgotten time and days


Lay the broken shrine ....


Where bloodspots


are still not


removed!

3 comments:

Amritorupa Kanjilal said...

I am the temple.
I am the deity.
I am the priestess who has mortgaged her life to the worship of me...


lovely poem... kothao berate gesle? na emni mon theke?

Annie Wicking said...

Wonderful words, my dear friend, Subhadip

Kriti said...

WOW!!

It gave me goosebumps!

I am the kind of a person who's just obsessed with ruins and although temples don't really interest me, yours sure did!

The sheer brilliance with which you've illustrated it... though I couldn't imagine the temple itself, but i could feel the air surroundidng that long-lost vestige.

Magnificent work!